[alsa-devel] Status of the Tascam US-122mkII???

jordan johnston triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 01:53:01 CEST 2010

hey sorry,

gmail defaults to only you when i reply, EVEN when i am selecting "reply all".
i just have to add the Cc:  manually  :|    ( i wasn't taking anyone
out of Cc: )

sorry, i wasn't trying "violate" the rules or anything else, okay?

1. i understand that Zen-kernel has nothing to do with alsa, other
than sometimes alsa drivers for certain devices are available
in Zen before they are in my distro and many others i have used. i was
only explaining what Zen-kernel is and why i use it.
because you asked... makes sense?

2. I am glad that you were able to give me an update on the status of
these devices, as the documentation around the interweb,
is out-dated, and thus very often misleading.

3. I am going to go ahead and read all of the documentation you posted
links to, and i will see if i can figure out how it works.

4. I am also going to contact Tascam/Teac, as i am a paying customer -
why not :)    obviously they are unlikely to give a lot
of information away, but maybe i can get someone who knows just how
different(or similar) the implementation of
the Us-122L vs. mkII  really is.   either way, i don't mind sitting on
the phone for an hour or so  / or through  email  to let them
know they should support linux or at the very least work with ALSA a little.

it sounds like a lot of these companies could have really good support
under linux by A: providing info on the implementation
and B:  by handing a device or two, into the hands of the right
people(developers/hackers)...what a shame!

thanks again for all of your help.
It has been a slice!

jordan