[alsa-devel] Realtek alc269 questions

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Jul 26 12:01:50 CEST 2010

I'm trying to fix the sound on some Dell Optiplex machines, which are
running the ALC269 chip. I can "fix" them with some hda-verb commands,
but that won't get me auto-mute, so I'll have to make a model (or
possibly more than one) for them.

Anyway, I have a pair of questions:

1) In dmesg, there is a "SKU not ready" message at startup. What is SKU,
and is it a problem that it is not ready?

2) There are two DACs, and all models so far seem to use NID 0x03 for
headphones and NID 0x02 for everything else. But is there a single
stream going through the controller and then splitted into two on the
codec side, or is just one of the DACs activated at a time, depending on
the jack sensing state?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic