[alsa-devel] alsactl restore: unknown hardware: ymf724f

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 03:06:21 CET 2010

2010/2/26 Angel Tsankov <fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg>

> Raymond Yau wrote:

> "AC97a:83847600"

> levels

> 2.6.30.2).
> >> it

> restore'
> >> in
> printed.
> and
> >> Thanks. I've added more debug print lines to state.c. Could you rerun
> your
> >> script and append also '/etc/asound.state' file and output from
> >> 'alsa-info.sh --no-upload' to your output tarballs? Send me this tarball
> >> privately or just an URL to this list.
> >>
> >>                                        Thanks,
> >>                                                 Jaroslav
> >>

> > did alsactl restore those IFACE_PCM volume since they are supposed at 0dB
> by
> > default whenever the subdevice is open ?
> >
> > store the values in asound.state seem to be for debugging only
> >
> >     control.61 {
> >         comment.access 'read write inactive'
> >         comment.type INTEGER
> >         comment.count 2
> >         comment.range '0 - 32768'
> >         iface PCM
> >         subdevice 1
> >         name 'PCM Playback Volume'
> >         value.0 26214
> >         value.1 26214
> >     }
>
> In fact, alsactl seems to restore the volume levels (despite the
> "Unknown hardware" message) when the system is up and running, but it
> does not restore the PCM and master levels at boot time. This should be
> done when the hardware is detected by udev, as I have the following udev
> rule:
>
> KERNEL=="controlC[0-9]*", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/usr/sbin/alsactl restore
> %n"
>

> Angel Tsankov

Can you store the iface PCM "PCM Playback Volume" in asound.state while you
are playing audio ?

alsactl can store the value since the control is active when the subdevice
is open

alsactl already skip restoring of those control when it is not active , so
the problem seem not related to those controls

However via82xx also have those hardware specific controls