[alsa-devel] Separate dma driver for cpu_dais

jassi brar jassisinghbrar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:24:35 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Joonyoung Shim <jy0922.shim at samsung.com> wrote:
> Additionally, i have one more question.
>
> At the ASoC, is there a situation to share the dai(cpu or codec)?
Currently, ASOC doesn't allow sharing cpu or codec dai.

> If the dai is shared, i just think the ASoC core cannot support it.
Correct.

> There is the case at the S5PC1XX, it supports the hardware mixing by
> using two tx fifo. First Jassi implemented codes using each other cpu
> dai as Jassi says at the above for the hardware mixing, but it should
> share codec_dai and need some modification of ASoC core.
> (I can see codes at the below url
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/kki_ap/linux-2.6-samsung.git)
> Jassi, how do you think about this?
Though outside this topic, please see latest code from samsung GIT.
I already share wm8580 dai with I2S primary_fifo dai as well
as secondary_fifo dai. I implemented temporary workaround to share
dais(luckily codec_dai wasn't used in a way to make it impossible,
though cpu_dai still can't be shared).
Also, there is some reason I didn't point to our repository:- the code is
not meant for mainline. It's just a 'workaround' for urgent requirement.

Now, I wud like to get back to getting suggestions about how to
approach the solution from mainline's POV rather than discussing
Samsung's internal code.