[alsa-devel] Separate dma driver for cpu_dais

Joonyoung Shim jy0922.shim at samsung.com
Wed Feb 17 07:58:15 CET 2010

On 2/17/2010 11:39 AM, jassi brar wrote:
> Hi,
>   The query concerns ASOC.
>
> Currently we have one platform per card.
> What if my card has two dai_links with each cpu_dai fed data
> with different mechanism(one with system dma controller and
> the other with a dma dedicated to the Audio block). The cpu_dai's
> are tightly coupled and I don't wanna have separate socdev's for them.

Hi, all.

Additionally, i have one more question.

At the ASoC, is there a situation to share the dai(cpu or codec)?
If the dai is shared, i just think the ASoC core cannot support it.

There is the case at the S5PC1XX, it supports the hardware mixing by
using two tx fifo. First Jassi implemented codes using each other cpu
dai as Jassi says at the above for the hardware mixing, but it should
share codec_dai and need some modification of ASoC core.
(I can see codes at the below url
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/kki_ap/linux-2.6-samsung.git)

Jassi, how do you think about this?