[alsa-devel] New sound device question

Laurent Epinat l.epinat at free.fr
Sun Dec 26 21:11:32 CET 2010

Hello

Thanks for the answer

Le 26.12.2010 12:20, Clemens Ladisch a écrit :
> Laurent Epinat wrote:
>> I try to developpe a usb sound driver for a Alesis Multix 8 USB2.0
>>
>> http://www.alesis.com/multimix8usb20
>>
>> The output interface is allready fonctional, but the Input not :-(
>> Because there is 2 end point for it. The first one is on Isochronous
>> mode and the other is on Bulk mode
>>
>> I don't know how to declare the second endpoint in the quirks_table.
>
> There is no predefined quirk for such an endpoint; you'd have to write
> your own code.
>
>> Where can I get a good documentation or help about the alsa USB sound
>> structure.
>
> At the moment, the only documentation is the source code.
>
>> The only informations I have about the devices, are dump from windows
>
> What is the bulk endpoint used for?

I don't know exactly,
I think the Isochrone endpoint is used for control and the bulk one is
the data, because the size is bigger and the interval is short than the
isochrone one

on the device you can record 10 inputs channels at the same time

Interface Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         4
    bInterfaceNumber        1
    bAlternateSetting       1
    bNumEndpoints           2
    bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
    bInterfaceSubClass      0
    bInterfaceProtocol      0
    iInterface              0
    Endpoint Descriptor: