[alsa-devel] Building Takashi's sound-2.6.git?

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Fri Aug 20 08:02:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Stephen Warren wrote:

> I'd like to use/develop-against/patch the ALSA drivers from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git
>
> ... since I think they're the most up-to-date with patches?
>
> However, that's a complete kernel tree rather than the subset that's
> available in snapshots at:
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/alsa/alsa-driver/
>
> I figured I could just grab the above git, and also:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/alsa-driver-build.git
>
> ... to build just the ALSA driver modules. However, I can't see how to
> get gitcompile from there to build the sound subset of a complete kernel
> tree rather than e.g. something like:
>
> http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-driver.git;a=summary
>
> Can somebody give me a clue? Thanks very much.
>
> (I guess I could just build the entire kernel, but that's a lot more time
> than just the audio modules)

You may just create this tree from git repos (do not mix the sources):

alsa/alsa-driver (the alsa-driver.git tree from git.alsa-project.org or
 		  Takashi's tree from git.kernel.org)
alsa/alsa-kernel (the alsa-kernel.git tree from git.alsa-project.org or
                   Takashi's tree from git.kernel.org)

and do:

cd alsa/alsa-driver
./gitcompile

The script should automatically detect the linux-2.6 tree and do
the out-of-kernel compilation.

 					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>