[alsa-devel] Building Takashi's sound-2.6.git?

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Fri Aug 20 00:04:03 CEST 2010

I'd like to use/develop-against/patch the ALSA drivers from:

... since I think they're the most up-to-date with patches?

However, that's a complete kernel tree rather than the subset that's
available in snapshots at:

I figured I could just grab the above git, and also:

... to build just the ALSA driver modules. However, I can't see how to
get gitcompile from there to build the sound subset of a complete kernel
tree rather than e.g. something like:

Can somebody give me a clue? Thanks very much.

(I guess I could just build the entire kernel, but that's a lot more time
than just the audio modules)