[alsa-devel] i.MX SDMA support

Liam Girdwood lrg at slimlogic.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 12:47:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 11:11 +0200, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just posted a series adding SDMA support for i.MX to the Arm Linux
> Kernel mailing list.

I noticed. It's good to see SDMA support going upstream :)

>  It also contains a patch for adding SDMA support
> to the i.MX SSI units. I haven't cc'd alsa-devel because most of the
> stuff is not sound related. I know at least Mark and Liam are
> interested, so I leave a pointer here. The sound stuff needs to be
> synchronized with the other patches, so it's probably best if all
> patches go via my tree.

Yeah, that should be OK. However, we do have a ASoC core multi-component
update merging later this week. This may conflict with some of your SDMA
updates, although the multi-component support only really affects ASoC
component probe() and remove() as every component is a regular Linux
device now (with platform data, etc) and private data access.

The multi-component branch is here:-

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lrg/asoc-2.6.git topic/multi-component

I did have to make some changes to i.MX ASoC in order to de-couple some
of the components in order for them to be distinct kernel devices. Any
chance you could give this a test with the new SDMA code ?

Thanks

Liam
--
Freelance Developer, SlimLogic Ltd