[alsa-devel] Alsamixer-Qt4 0.4.0 released

Sebastian H. vand2 at gmx.de
Sun Aug 8 14:12:26 CEST 2010

>> it crashes on my machine with one USB soundcard,
>> and an RME Hammerfall ..i think RME causes it -
>> i get a `Floating exception` ..hm, not a segfault this time :)
>
> This looks like a bug in the slider/painter code.
> Maybe some ranges are screwed, like 0 to 0 or so and the slider
> can't handle it.

Indeed an 0 to 0 range exactly creates this kind of error.
I'll fix this within the next few days.

> A gdb backtrace would be helpful.
> Could you compile with:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
> make
>
> and then create a backtrace with gdb:
>
> echo -e "run\nwhere\nquit" > gdb_com.txt
> gdb src/alsamixer-qt4 -batch -x gdb_com.txt > gdb.txt
>
> and send me the gdb.txt file?
>
>> ..i can do some tests ..have you got an svn or git?
>
> Right now I only have a mercurial repository on my local machine.
> I think sourceforge support mercurial now, I'll check on this later.

Ok, the mercurial repository is online (read only).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alsamixer-qt4/develop

To create a clone type

hg clone
http://alsamixer-qt4.hg.sourceforge.net:8000/hgroot/alsamixer-qt4/alsamixer-qt4