[alsa-devel] No sound after returning from suspend-to-ram

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Wed Sep 23 20:20:19 CEST 2009

A user complains that after returning from suspend-to-ram, he isn't able
to get any sound from his laptop until rebooting. I delayed reporting
this one because I once thought that it may be related to Pulseaudio or
some kind of mixer level problem but now I tried to suspect the kernel
and the drivers as well.

This is with alsa-* 1.0.21a. I have dmesg and alsa-info outputs
before and after s2ram:

dmesg before s2ram:

alsa-info before s2ram:

dmesg after s2ram:

alsa-info after s2ram:

Note that a traceback is dumped in dmesg during resume. Maybe it will
give a clue about the problem, dunno.

And there's something like

hda_codec: invalid CONNECT_LIST verb 12[2]:2100

in regular dmesg output, i wonder what does that mean too.

Any ideas?

Ozan Caglayan