[alsa-devel] hda_intel: SPDIF not detected on Asus P7P55D PRO

Harald Welte HaraldWelte at viatech.com
Mon Sep 21 15:54:33 CEST 2009

Hi Takashi,

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 03:38:03PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:38:26 -0600,
> Robert Hancock wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> > > Could you give alsa-info.sh output (run with --no-upload option)?
> >
> > Here it is:
>
> Thanks.  This looks really incompatible with the existing VIA codecs.
> So, no wonder that you didn't get it working by a simple hack.

Yes, I agree.

> Harald, do you know anyone who can help the development for this new
> codec chip?

VIA already has code for supporting this chip, and they were about to support
one big monster patch (15000 lines of code) containing what looks like several
months of code for several codecs.  I've asked them to split this up and create
and submit per-feature patches.

I don't know how long it will take them to do this.  Maybe Lydia can give
some comment on this.

Also, in case you want to see the big monster patch just for reference, I
can see if it can be posted to alsa-devel.  It should be no problem, IMHO.

--
- Harald Welte <HaraldWelte at viatech.com>	    http://linux.via.com.tw/