[alsa-devel] SPDIF with X-Fi

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Mon Sep 14 23:22:32 CEST 2009

Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way (if so, please tell me), but...

My X-Fi card is now working with the new driver.  I am connected to my
amplifier via a fiber optic cable.  Sending standard two-channel audio
to the "front" alsa plug gets directed to the spdif output and sounds
great.  But I want to have my full surround active - particularly for
movies already encoded with dts and/or ac-3.

Thus far, I have not been able to get mplayer to send digital audio - I
either get mplayer errors or silence.  Once, and only once, I got xbmc
to work with digital settings - never since.  So I know it SHOULD be
possible - I'm just missing something.

Is anyone getting this to work?
--
Daniel