[alsa-devel] several messages

Mark Hills mark at pogo.org.uk
Wed Sep 9 00:56:44 CEST 2009

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Giuliano Pochini wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:16:57 +0100 (BST)
> Mark Hills <mark at pogo.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have an Echo Layla 3G in my workstation. It works for audio, but does
>> not recover from ACPI suspend to RAM.
>
> I does not recover because there is not suspend/resume support. I wrote
> almost complete support a lot of time ago which wasn't merged due to two
> unsolved issues. The resurrection procedure (actually it is a reinit from
> scratch) was very unreliable on my Gina24 for unknown reasons and there
> was an atomicity issue in the rawmidi interface.
> I can manage to provide you a patch for testing in a few days.

Thanks Giuliano and Takashi for the replies.

The reason for my quietness is I decided loading/unloading the module was
a hack so I followed Takashi's documentation, aiming to implement some
kind of suspend/resume.

However didn't have a great deal of luck; it's made especially hard with
not having a separate serial console or way of viewing debug messages when
the machine locks. It seemed that the amount of de-initialisation affects
the ability to reinitialise the Layla 3G card from scratch. Then I ran out
of time.

It would be great to see the patch, I'd be very happy to help with
testing. Thanks for your work on this.

--
Mark