[alsa-devel] Layla 3G does not recover from ACPI Suspend

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Tue Sep 8 21:32:45 CEST 2009

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:16:57 +0100 (BST)
Mark Hills <mark at pogo.org.uk> wrote:

> I have an Echo Layla 3G in my workstation. It works for audio, but does
> not recover from ACPI suspend to RAM.

I does not recover because there is not suspend/resume support. I wrote
almost complete support a lot of time ago which wasn't merged due to two
unsolved issues. The resurrection procedure (actually it is a reinit from
scratch) was very unreliable on my Gina24 for unknown reasons and there
was an atomicity issue in the rawmidi interface.
I can manage to provide you a patch for testing in a few days.

--
Giuliano.