[alsa-devel] Alsa on HP Pavilion dv6-1225ee audio problems

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Wed Sep 2 14:11:23 CEST 2009

Munzir Taha (منذر طه) wrote On 02-09-2009 15:03:
> Hi sirs,
> I bought this
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/me/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-3872814-3982366.html
> and found the audio is not working and thankfully gnubien on #alsa pointed me
> to manually add
> snd-hda-intel: model=hp-hdx
> which really made the sound come out of the speakers though the laptop is not
> hdx series. Now when I plug the headset the Speakers are still playing (no
> auto sensoring?) and I had to mute them manually which could be a feature or a
> bug depending on how you look at it.
>
> alsa-info.sh:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=dcbcc7d98ffceb95cd7491aed02064fba337bfa7

Yes I have one and made it work using hp-dv5 model. I was trying to
debug more but didn't have time. Today I tried with 1.0.21 but still no
sound without giving model.

The strange thing is that eventhough different dv6 boxes have exactly
the same card/codec, 2 users still can't get sound with model=hp-dv5 or
another thing while another one is able to have sound.