[alsa-devel] Alsa on HP Pavilion dv6-1225ee audio problems

Munzir Taha ( منذر طه ) munzirtaha at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:03:17 CEST 2009

Hi sirs,
I bought this
and found the audio is not working and thankfully gnubien on #alsa pointed me
to manually add
snd-hda-intel: model=hp-hdx
which really made the sound come out of the speakers though the laptop is not
hdx series. Now when I plug the headset the Speakers are still playing (no
auto sensoring?) and I had to mute them manually which could be a feature or a
bug depending on how you look at it.

I hope this would help you properly support this nice laptop out of the box.

Munzir Taha
Master CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI, SCSA
Riyadh, SA