[alsa-devel] ALC262 models

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Sep 1 16:43:01 CEST 2009

At Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:59:13 +0200,
Jure Koren wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've received a Vaio P netbook recently, which contains an ALC262 of an
> unknown model. Playback generally works out of the box, but I haven't yet
> managed to raise the capture level for the internal microphone (though it's
> easy to rev up the passthrough channel which makes a nice white noise without
> any feedback).
>
> What I'd like to know is how difficult would it be for me to actually get test
> out more channels than are available with any particular model= parameter
> setting. Some other chipsets include model=test or model=debug, but not this
> one. Also, is there a tool that could help me probe around the chipset to
> properly identify available mixer channels?

You can reassign pins via sysfs and let the driver reconfigure.
See $LINUX/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt for details.  The
latest version is found at below, too:
    http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/docs/

But, I guess there is no any other channels (if you are speaking about
PCM).  ALC262 barely supports multi channels.  Or, if you are looking
for other active I/O pins, then you can poke with hda-verb, too.