[alsa-devel] Issue with creative Xfi PCIe ca0110-IBG

Guillem Solà garanda at flumotion.com
Fri Oct 9 11:19:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a Creative XFi PCIe with ca0110-IBG chip. It's primary use is
audio input for streaming on a brand new Dell server with RHEL. I have
been testing latest kernel 2.6.31 through it's releases candidates and
the card stoped working on 2.6.31-rc6, so now I'm stuck at 2.6.31-rc5.
With rc5 I made a 2 weeks test and it went flawlessly.

There's another guy who referenced this issue on
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-September/020876.html
and Takashi Iwai said that there is a communication error between the
codec and the controller.

Any workaround? Is there a bug created related to this issue?

I tried to "extract" the alsa-driver on 2.6.31-rc5 and install it 2.6.31
final without success. Also tried to get old snapshots from alsa-driver
and alsa-kmirror but I cannot compile them. Any place where get some
info about how to create

my output from alsa-info:

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=09087914dfdd85a07dca432cf71a9626b4fc4251

regards,