[alsa-devel] alsa-utils cross compilation error

Harish Kumar harishkumarb7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:09:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I compiled the alsa libs using the following

CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i686-linux
--prefix=/root/arm-alsa/
make
make install

changed the directory to alsa-utils and executed the following
1.
CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i686-linux
--with-alsa-prefix=/root/arm-alsa
--with-alsa-inc-prefix=/root/arm-alsa
the configured failed with the same error
checking for ALSA CFLAGS...  -I/root/arm-alsa
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -L/root/arm-alsa -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.9... not present.
configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.

2.CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i686-linux
--with-alsa-prefix=/root/arm-alsa
--with-alsa-inc-prefix=/root/arm-alsa/include
he configured failed with the same error

checking for ALSA CFLAGS...  -I/root/arm-alsa/include
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -L/root/arm-alsa -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.9... found.
checking for snd_ctl_open in -lasound... no
configure: error: No linkable libasound was found.

3.CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i686-linux
--with-alsa-prefix=/root/arm-alsa/lib
--with-alsa-inc-prefix=/root/arm-alsa/include

it worked partially as it is not able to find libcurses and ncurses. I
copied the required libraries and include file to the respective
directories and it started configuring and compiling without any
issue.

Thank you very much for help. I tried the above option but somehow
didn't work at that time and also my brain might have stalled during
the process.

Any way i still need to compile for PPC which should work with the
same proceure.

Thanks and Regards
Harish Kumar.B