[alsa-devel] What is a name for the PC speaker input/output volume control?

Krzysztof Helt krzysztof.h1 at poczta.fm
Wed Nov 11 15:12:58 CET 2009

Hi Takashi,

I have run into the issue that OSS emulation layer provides less controls
than the alsa mixer. One specific problem is the OSS Speaker control
is not properly mapped on all drivers (among others the wss/cs4236 family)
due to the fact that the speaker input/output is called "Mono" in this driver.

I have found that there are at least three names are used by drivers:
"PC Speaker"
for the same input/output pair (At least on the ISA cards there is only single
purpose mono channel - to route the PC speaker). 

Which name should be used? I will convert all ISA drivers to the selected 
name (and fix the OSS mixer to map this name to the "Speaker" control).


Kawalerka za 79 000 zl!
Sprawdz >>> http://link.interia.pl/f2425

More information about the Alsa-devel mailing list