[alsa-devel] Intel HDA fix for Macbook 3,1 and newer

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Wed May 13 17:40:43 CEST 2009

Le Torbi wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm new to this list and never contributed anything to such a big
> open-source project like ALSA, so please forgive me if I make some
> newbie mistakes.
> But back the the important stuff: I own a MacBook 3,1 and experienced
> some sound issues with this. I didn't have no sound, but the sound was
> quite low in quality and volume. After some research and a lot of wrong
> ways I stumbled upon bug 0004086 "MacBook 4,1 sounds tinny or not at all
> " in the ALSA bug tracking system
> (https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4086) and
> managed to fix it.
> Any details can be found in the bug report as well as a link to my
> patch. My questions now are:
>
> 1. Could an exprineced ALSA-Coder check my patch for bugs or "newbie
> code glitches"?
> 2. What do I have to do, to get my patch in the official code repository?

Cool! I have a MacbookPro5,1 and the same problems. With mbp3 the sound
quality is very bad.
I posted an e-mail to the list few days ago but didn't have any replies
so far.

I resolved the problem by playing with codec PINs using the tool
hda-analyzer. That trick should
be reflected to a patch but I'm a real newbie and don't have time for it.

So if you want that your code to be reviewed, attach the unified patch
(diff -u) between the latest patch_realtek.c and your patched version.

Regards,
Ozan Caglayan