[alsa-devel] Intel HDA fix for Macbook 3,1 and newer

Le Torbi public at letorbi.de
Wed May 13 16:31:26 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I'm new to this list and never contributed anything to such a big
open-source project like ALSA, so please forgive me if I make some
newbie mistakes.
But back the the important stuff: I own a MacBook 3,1 and experienced
some sound issues with this. I didn't have no sound, but the sound was
quite low in quality and volume. After some research and a lot of wrong
ways I stumbled upon bug 0004086 "MacBook 4,1 sounds tinny or not at all
" in the ALSA bug tracking system
(https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4086) and
managed to fix it.
Any details can be found in the bug report as well as a link to my
patch. My questions now are:

1. Could an exprineced ALSA-Coder check my patch for bugs or "newbie
code glitches"?
2. What do I have to do, to get my patch in the official code repository?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bai
Le Torbi