[alsa-devel] pxa2xx-pcm and dma_request

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Tue May 12 23:06:22 CEST 2009

Hi Mark and Dimitry,

I've been playing for some time with DMA on the PXA series. I was wondering if
the behaviour of pxa2xx-pcm is correct.

As far as I understand, in an asoc context, the __pxa2xx_pcm_open() is called,
while in "arm context", pxa2xx_pcm_open() is called, which calls
__pxa2xx_pcm_open().

This was introduced by commit a6d77317678148c973bb0131cc5a3a772f756d23 I think.

One main difference is that in "arm context", pxa_dma_request() is called, while
in "asoc context", it is not.

I'd like one of you to cross-check, as I must admit I'm not following all the
impacts of the pcm code split-up.

Cheers.

--
Robert