No subject

Mon Mar 30 14:48:12 CEST 2009

of the sound card exposed. I always want to focus on actual end-user
use cases instead of exposing the full mixer capabilities. All I need
to know is which elements are in the pipeline from my PCM streams to a
specific output, resp. from a specific input to my PCM stream and a
more high-level idea what those elements actually mean. i.e. all I
need would be an API like this:

int snd_pcm_get_mixer_path(snd_pcm_t *pcm, snd_mixer_selem_id_t
path[], unsigned n);

This would simply return an array of mixer element ids that are in the
pipeline to the output, resp. from the input, ordered.

Then, a trivial API that allows me to identify what a mixer element's
use is would be all I need.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net