[alsa-devel] snd_device_name_hint destroys the config

Henrik Grunell henrik.grunell at gipscorp.com
Mon Mar 30 11:00:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

After I've called snd_device_name_hint the configuration seems destroyed. I can no longer access (open) e.g. "default" and "pulse" pcms. As a test, I took the pcm_list function in aplay and put it in my application. The second (and following) call(s) shows that devices are missing compared to the first call. I use Ubuntu 8.10 (1.0.17) and I see the same behavior on Fedora 7 (1.0.14). Is this a known issue? I haven't found anything searching on this.

Thanks,
Henrik

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or proprietary non-public information. If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking action or reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.