[alsa-devel] [patch 2/2] alsa: s6105 IP camera machine specific ASoC code

Daniel Glöckner dg at emlix.com
Fri Mar 27 17:33:21 CET 2009

On 03/26/2009 03:26 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> Are you sure you're applying the correct configuration to the correct
> DAI here - S6105_CODEC_CLOCK is a CPU define, not a CODEC define?

In this case S6105 was referring to the S6105 reference design. It's a machine
define at the top of the file.

>> +static int snd_soc_dapm_set_endpoint(struct snd_soc_codec *codec, char *name,
>> +				     int status)
>> +{
>> +	if (status)
>> +		return snd_soc_dapm_enable_pin(codec, name);
>> +	else
>> +		return snd_soc_dapm_disable_pin(codec, name);
>> +}
>
> This shouldn't be in a driver!

I know, but it was made static in soc-dapm.c when it was renamed to
snd_soc_dapm_set_pin.

> Hrm.  Given the fact that you can't have the stereo and differential
> outputs enabled simultaneously is it not safer to first disable the
> active output, then sync, then enable the new output?

The pins are connected via 0.47uF..
I'll insert the sync. Then I won't have to bug you about exporting
snd_soc_dapm_set_pin as well (as it will no longer result in shorter code).

  Daniel

--
Dipl.-Math. Daniel Glöckner, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax -11, Bahnhofsallee 1b, 37081 Göttingen, Germany

emlix - your embedded linux partner