[alsa-devel] [Re: Crash when snd_pcm_open is called from a thread with "pulse" as playback]

Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr
Mon Mar 9 15:18:03 CET 2009

Hi Jaroslav, Takashi and all,

thx for you answers.

Takashi :
> Hm, I don't see any reason, and I cannot reproduce a crash on my machine...

I can reproduce it on my three Fedora10 machines, using 2 hardware.

Jaroslav
> I would suggest to comment out code from snd_config_update_free_global().
> Try to comment out snd_dlobj_cache_cleanup() at first. You may compile
> alsa-lib from the tar ball on www.alsa-project.org and use
> LD_PRELOAD=alsa-lib/src/.libs/libasound.so.2.0.0 <your_program> for tests.

Done.

* First, no more bug when commenting    snd_dlobj_cache_cleanup

* Also,  no more bug when commenting    dlclose
       in snd_dlclose
       called from snd_dlobj_cache_cleanup

The only dynamically loaded lib is  _snd_pcm_pulse_open

Seems once again that pulse is involved somewhere.

But dunno where to look at from this point :/

I upload these new inputs on the tracker.

Best-
Nicolas