[alsa-devel] ALC889A (Gigabyte EX58-UD5) pin support

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Fri Mar 6 02:19:28 CET 2009

I've got a pretty new Gigabyte board, using snd-hda-intel and an ALC889A
chip. Whilst the chip seems to be detected fine, I have no functional
audio out - no sound on any of the ports.

dmesg shows that ALSA has no idea about the specific model:
HDA Intel 0000:00:1b.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 22
hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC883, trying auto-probe from BIOS...

If I'm reading the source correctly, the default pin layout is
3stack-digout. I tried 6stack-digout, but it didn't help.

Linked is output from the diagnostic script:

I'm happy enough to try things out in an effort to get the onboard sound
to behave