[alsa-devel] Status of the alsa sbxfi driver

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Mar 2 12:36:08 CET 2009

At Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:37:27 -0800,
Brandon Ehle wrote:

> I merged the topic/sbxfi branch from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git
> into my latest 2.6.29-rc6 build.  I've done a few quick tests and I
> have not run into any issues so far (except the driver has an
> excessive amount of kprintfs).  Is this the latest version of the
> sbxfi driver?

Yes.  I stopped the development since then.

> From following the alsa-devel list and the git tree above, there
> doesn't seem to be any changes since Oct 30 or so.  What work needs to
> be done to get this driver into a state where it could be pushed to
> the main alsa git and eventually to Linus' tree?

Well, the problem right now is that Creative released their own driver
but they don't want to contact with us, neither interested in the
upstream inclusion.  My sbxfi driver is just a hack ported from OSS
driver, and it doesn't make much sense to keep developing it.

Try to shout loudly on any (Creative) forums so that they could hear
user's voice...  I'm still waiting for any contacts from them.

thanks,