[alsa-devel] Support for fujitsu T421x

John Kha sirkha at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 02:43:56 CET 2009

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 (very similar to the T4215) and wish
to work on adding support for these models in patch_sigmatel.c.  I
have ran the alsa-info script, once after a fresh boot, and once after
changing the model a few times:

Virgin: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=e76430dbf61b0e2c1ff199c9d1c85051a0341508
With Model Changed:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=cdd45e343c143052e18f9706e65eef8865696606

After trying various models, I have been unable to get the audio to
output to the correct pin groups.  I have managed to use
hda_analyzer.py to change some of my hardware settings, and have an
idea of what verbs i need to send.  What I need is some information on
the architecture of the driver, or an idea of where to edit things.  I
would just say the config here and ask someone else to edit
patch_sigmatel.c, but this is only the first of the issues I want to
fix, so some knowledge of how to edit myself would be useful.

--
John C. Kha
United States Navy