[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire 7730G support

Denis Kup dener.kup at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 23:36:34 CEST 2009

2009/6/25 Emilio López <buhitoescolar at gmail.com>

> I posted a new patch some time ago, can you try it?

Sorry but i have problems with drivers now, after trying your patch i
decided to reinstall drivers with my patch. I install by

su
./configure
make
make install

But after install alsamixer shows that chip of standart device is
NVIDIA mcp78 hdmi (it's is HDMI output). And there is no ALC888
device. I don't know what to do. Any ideas? (please dont send them to
maillist it's not about this theme)

> > - 2) there is only 1 map for jacks: front/ext mic/ (something i dont
> > know, it should be line in)
>
> My laptop, Aspire 6930, has a black jack (headphones), a pink one
> (external mic) and a light blue one (line in). What's the difference
> with your laptop?

In my laptop various functions can be assigned to jacks. For ex. blue
can be side(in 4 channel and 6 channel modes) or line in (in 2channel
mode). So there are 3 maps: for 2, 4, 6 channel modes. In 6 channel
mode i can connect laptop with 5.1 speakers for ex, in 4 ch i can use
quadro speakers and ext mic, in 2ch i can use headphones,ext mic and
line in.

> > - 3) there no side and center channels
>
>>Subwoofer is LFE, the other speaker is Front. Is any other speaker missing?

I think you understand me already (read my second answer)

> > - 3) internal mic dont work
>
> It works here, did you choose "Int mic" and raised the volume to max?

Yes, of course.
> > - 4) there no line in in input source menu in mixer
> > + 5) Subwoofer controls with LFE channel in mixer
> > ? 7) i dont know how spdif works, because i have not any spdif speakers in house
>
> Same here, unfortunately.
>
> BTW, I'm Emilio, with "E" hehe

Sorry, Emilio! ))