[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire 7730G support

Emilio López buhitoescolar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:39:02 CEST 2009

2009/6/24 Denis Kup <dener.kup at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/6/24 Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>:

>>> Can you try Emilio's patch recently posted (and pass
>>> model=acer-aspire-6530g) with the very latest alsa-driver-snapshot?
>>> This essentially includes your changes.  It's in:
>>>  From: Emilio López <buhitoescolar at gmail.com>
>>>  Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] Regarding Sound on Acer Aspire 6935G
>>>  Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:32:45 -0300

>>> Unlikely as ALC888* doesn't support the channel-swap feature (although
>>> some other ALC codecs do).
>>>

>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Takashi
>>>

>> You are talking about that
>> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-June/018815.html
>> ?? Its right link to drivers http://www.alsa-project.org/snapshot/ ??
>> And there is easier way to apply patches than manually adding strings
>> to files?
>>

> I manage with installing. I use alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz
> http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/alsa/alsa-driver/
> and this Amilo changes
> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-June/018815.html
> .  But this patch has smaller functionality against i have. There is
> advantages and disadvantages of both patches:
>
> My patch:
> + 1) when black jack plugged, internal speakers and subwoofer mute
> + 2) there is 3 maps for jacks: (black/pink/blue) 2ch: front/ext mic/
> (something i dont know, it should be line in), 4ch: front/ ext mic/
> side 6ch: front/ CLFE / side; (its changes in channel mode option in
> mixer)
> + 3) internal mic works
> + 4) there are separate boost mic channels for internal and external mics
> - 5) internal subwoofer controls with Center channel in mixer
> ? 6) i dont know how line in works (i will check it when reinstall to my patch)
> ? 7) i dont know how spdif works, because i have not any spdif speakers in house
>
> Amilo patch:
> - 1) when black jack pluged, only internal speaker mutes, subwoofer
> continue to work (it has no meaning when i listen to music in
> headphones)

I posted a new patch some time ago, can you try it?

> - 2) there is only 1 map for jacks: front/ext mic/ (something i dont
> know, it should be line in)

My laptop, Aspire 6930, has a black jack (headphones), a pink one
(external mic) and a light blue one (line in). What's the difference
with your laptop?

> - 3) there no side and center channels

Subwoofer is LFE, the other speaker is Front. Is any other speaker missing?

> - 3) internal mic dont work

It works here, did you choose "Int mic" and raised the volume to max?

> - 4) there no line in in input source menu in mixer
> + 5) Subwoofer controls with LFE channel in mixer
> ? 7) i dont know how spdif works, because i have not any spdif speakers in house

Same here, unfortunately.

BTW, I'm Emilio, with "E" hehe