[alsa-devel] Progress in adding ams-delta support to ASoC?

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Thu Jun 18 11:02:10 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 17:12:38 ext Janusz Krzysztofik wrote:
> Janusz Krzysztofik wrote:
> > After all, it is more and more likely that the problem is not dma, but
> > mcbsp just not shifting any data for some mysterious reason.
>
> I finally did what I should have already done before: learned about
> dynamic debugging, turned it on and probably got the answer from
> omap_msbsp_dump_reg(): all mcbsp1 register read operations returned
> 0xffff. So it looks like I simply get no acccess to mcbsp1 at all. Now I
> wonder if I can close this thread with a conclusion that mcbsp1 on
> opam15xx is simply not yet supported by the mainline kernel that I have
> based my work on.

Hmmm, this is quite unexpected.
Can you access to mcbsp2 or 3 registers, or only the mcbsp1 registers are not
accessible?
One thing that I have noticed is that the McBSP1 (and 3) is under the DSP
Public Peripherals, while McBSP2 is under MPU Public Peripherals (in
OMAP1510).
I have to check it further what this actually means...

--
Péter