[alsa-devel] SB X-Fi driver fixes (Re: Testers wanted:

bill at tellytopia.com bill at tellytopia.com
Thu Jun 11 08:14:00 CEST 2009

I am using the snd-ctxfi driver on a 64-bit version of fedora code 7.
Is there anyone else working on a 64-bit system?

There are some compile warnings during the compilation of the driver,
but no errors.
But no sound, either, so far.

I have also taken the 1.0.20 library, utils and tools sources from the
Alsa main downloads.

In order to compile the utils I had to link the 64-bit sound libraries
to /usr/lib/libasound.2.0.0, in other words:
(cd /lib64; ln -s /usr/lib/libasound.2.0.0 libasound.2.0.0; ln -s
/usr/lib/libasound.2.0.0 libasound.2)
There is no /lib64/libasound.la

Also had to install xmlto (yum install xmlto).

So far I have added the snd-hda-intel driver to the blacklist but still
the Soundcard Detection shows snd-hda-intel.

Any ideas, anyone?

Regards
Bill