[alsa-devel] SB X-Fi driver fixes (Re: Testers wanted:

Gernot Kohlhaas gernot.kohlhaas at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:42:48 CEST 2009

bill at tellytopia.com schrieb:
> I am using the snd-ctxfi driver on a 64-bit version of fedora code 7.
> Is there anyone else working on a 64-bit system?
Yes, me!
Gentoo Linux x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Kernel 2.6.29-gentoo-r5

> There are some compile warnings during the compilation of the driver,
> but no errors.
Here are the Warnings I get:
/usr/src/alsa-driver/acore/sound.c: In function 'snd_request_other':
/usr/src/alsa-driver/acore/sound.c:99: warning: format not a string
literal and no format arguments

/usr/src/alsa-driver/acore/seq/seq_clientmgr.c: In function
'snd_seq_info_dump_subscribers':
/usr/src/alsa-driver/acore/seq/seq_clientmgr.c:2465: warning: format not
a string literal and no format arguments

So... Nothing serious...

> But no sound, either, so far.
Did you try "modprobe snd_ctxfi"?
Did you unmute all needed Channels?

> I have also taken the 1.0.20 library, utils and tools sources from the
> Alsa main downloads.
My versions (if it helps):
media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.18
media-sound/alsa-utils-1.0.18

Both normally installed through packet management a while ago (when
installing the system)

> Any ideas, anyone?
Sorry, only one:
Try loading the module "snd_ctxfi" manually.
Does this work? Any errors? dmesg-output?

--
http://www.gnupp.de/verschluesselung/warum.html
Key ID: 0x4C0B2250