No subject

Fri Jul 31 19:24:53 CEST 2009

	err = snd_mixer_get_hctl(mixer, mixer_device_name, &hctl);
	if (err >= 0)
		ctl = snd_hctl_ctl(hctl);

> It would be great if the smixer would include some API that gives me a
> hint to which device/subdevice a specific snd_mixer_elem_t belongs to.

Often, there is no 1:1 correspondence between mixer elements and PCM
devices.  Only mixer controls with interface PCM (not MIXER) have (sub-)
device numbers, and at the moment this is used only for controls that
are associated with the streams of hardware-mixing-capable cards.

Getting information about the mixer layout (like the nodes reported by
HDA and USB devices) is on the TODO list; the only reason it isn't being
implemented is lack of time.

Regards,
Clemens