No subject

Fri Jul 31 19:24:53 CEST 2009

and consumer electronics with 1V as reference volume (0dBV).

So, the new level control types will show dBu and dBV. The current
"gain" controls will show dB.

I think we should focus on items 1 to 4 first, and then sort out 5 to 8 later.
Measurement should be with a volt meter if possible, but we will have
to get the correct output frequency right to match what the volt meter
is expecting, otherwise the readings will be wrong.
We could even be more specific. If we can get items 1 and 2 correct
for all sound cards, we can then more easily calibrate 3 and 4.
Considering that there are over 1000 different sound card variants out
there, this is going to take a long long time.

Kind Regards

James