[alsa-devel] Testers wanted: New SB X-Fi driver

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jul 21 07:47:22 CEST 2009

At Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:47:55 +0200,
Frank Roth wrote:

> Hi
>
> Got it, there was a wrong default entry in
> /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf
> ..made by alsaconf
>
> alias snd-card-0 snd-ctxfi
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-ctxfi
>

> moved it now to
> /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf
> and chanced to:
>
> alias snd-card-0 snd_ctxfi
> alias sound-slot-0 snd_ctxfi
>
> now it's fine ... so ... no conflict ... sorry.
> but maybe someone could look, why alsaconf had done this.

The former file name is the requirement by the recent
module-init-tools.  The question is rather why it doesn't work on your
system.  Maybe modprobe.d/* itself doesn't work?

Anyway, alsaconf is nowadays no longer recommended.  It's good for
detecting some very old ISA devices without PnP, but not for other
normal devices.

Takashi