[alsa-devel] Testers wanted: New SB X-Fi driver

Frank Roth frashman at freenet.de
Mon Jul 20 20:47:55 CEST 2009

Hi

Got it, there was a wrong default entry in
/etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf
..made by alsaconf

alias snd-card-0 snd-ctxfi
alias sound-slot-0 snd-ctxfi

moved it now to
/etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf
and chanced to:

alias snd-card-0 snd_ctxfi
alias sound-slot-0 snd_ctxfi

now it's fine ... so ... no conflict ... sorry.
but maybe someone could look, why alsaconf had done this.

> The PCI ID looks different from what snd-hda-intel driver supports.
> When compiled together with snd-ctxfi, snd-hda-intel only probes
> PCI ID 1002:0009.
>
> Are you sure that it's hda-intel that interferes the xfi?
> Any relevant kernel messages or asound entry when this happens?
>

> Takashi

Found another problem ... maybe it isn't a bug ...

If I raise all volumes in alsamixer to 100% it starts to crackle while playing music ...
If I lower one of the mixer volumes down to 90% it's fine.
Maybe it's just overdriven ... but I'm relative sure, in windows I can gain everything to 100% without to be overdriven.

For now, I've set the PCM volume control to 90%, then I can do whatever I want with the master volume ;-)

Greetings
Frank