[alsa-devel] Testers wanted: New SB X-Fi driver

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jul 16 11:22:50 CEST 2009

At Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:55:23 +0200,
Frashman wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> first of all, thank you for developing this driver.
> I tested it today. It works, so far.
>
> But two annoying things. As you mentioned, I got problems, if the
> onboard sound modules are loaded. Then i get no sound out auf my xfi.

It's likely the collision of PCI device ID.
Some X-Fi models support both HD-audio and emu20kx-native modes.  The
modes are switched by some magical sequence.

Anyway, please run alsa-info.sh with --no-upload option, and attach
the generated file.

> If I disable the loading of snd-hda-intel modules while booting, then it
> works.
>
> The second problem is, that SIDE and SURROUND connectors are
> interchanged. I'm absolutly sure, it works fine under windows and the
> connector colors are also correct.
>
> If I run speaker-test -c8 the SIDE Speakers sounds come out of my REAR
> (SURROUND) Speakers, while nothing is coming out of my rear speakers, if
> i'm using speaker-test -c6

So, the side channels (channel 7 & 8) and the rear channels (3 & 4)
are swapped when running with 8 channel mode?