[alsa-devel] Problems with snd-hda-intel and Asus M2NPV-VM. Please help!

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Jul 8 04:14:00 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM, VDR User<user.vdr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My mainboard doesn't have HDMI out but it did come with an HDTV module
>> for HDTV output, could it still be that something in my xorg.conf is
>> missing that is causing this not to work?  How can I tell (or could
>> you tell by my logs) if the codec registers are good?  I'm not sure
>> how to proceed from here aside of buying a new mainboard.
>
> Anyone?  Any suggestions at all?

This probably cannot work in a headless environment.  Thanks to DRM,
the video driver has to do some magic to make HDMI work.

I assume your video card is Nvidia.  Even though you plan to run
headless you probably have to set up X server with proprietary nvidia
driver to have any chance of this working.

Lee