[alsa-devel] Intel HDA using VIA vt1708s

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jul 7 15:10:00 CEST 2009

At Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:57:13 +0200,
Chrissi k wrote:

> You were so right, arecord + aplay are working fine. Seems to be a problem
> with Audacity.
> Only thing that's still not showing any sign of life is the internal mic. Is
> that part of alsa or should i consider asking the asus-laptop-module guys?
> I tried unchecking any "mute" flags using hda-analyzer, but i don't get a peak
> using the internal mic.

Did you change "Input Source" mixer element to "Front Mic" (or "Mic")
properly?
The vt170x support code has still no automatic switch via mic jack
detection, thus you have to change the recording source manually.

Also, there are "Mic Boost" and "Front Mic Boost" volumes that change
the input level, too.