[alsa-devel] davinci-i2c,pcm updates

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Jul 6 23:41:49 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 02:30:21PM -0700, Troy Kisky wrote:

> ARM: DaVinci: Interface changes visible to EDMA clients

> But the last patch in series needs rebased on to this. Unfortunately,
> this patch is not yet in your for-2.6.32 branch. So, unless this patch
> is going to merge first, I show remove the need for this patch???

Unless you can make your changes such that the above patch will merge in
cleanly there's no point - we'll need to deal with the cross tree merge
issues somehow.  That'll require coordination with Kevin; probably the
best approach is to make a small branch which can be merged into both
trees but that may be too involved.

The other options are to punt on the patch until after the merges have
happened, cherry pick a small number of commits over in one direction or
another to preserve buildability or just accept that DaVinci ASoC will
need to be built from -next for this merge window.  Since pretty much
everyone working on DaVinci appears to be using the DaVinci tree rather
than mainline at the minute the latter option isn't as bad as it could
be.  I'm not sure what works best for you guys?