[alsa-devel] davinci-i2c,pcm updates

Troy Kisky troy.kisky at boundarydevices.com
Mon Jul 6 23:30:21 CEST 2009

Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 07:29:50PM -0700, Troy Kisky wrote:
>> This patch set is against git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-kernel.git
>
> Best to use
>
> 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6
>
> or
> 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6.git
>
>> but the last patch in series won't compile until the sram allocator patch
>> is available.
>
> I've not reviewed or checked the code yet but it's likely to collide
> with the updates which Chaithrika U S did to add support for some newer
> processors.  Those are still sitting unmerged on the davinci branch of
> my git since I've not heard anything about the arch/arm changes for the
> clocks that they depend on.  The last thing I saw was a query from Kevin
> about the use of plain names.
>
> Could you give a pointer to the SRAM allocator patch, please?

Your for-2.6.32 branch has the file arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/sram.h
so it has the patch.

But I also rely on patch from davinci-git
commit 09f6541323bd216f3661385ce26819a4c65cbae6
Author: Sudhakar Rajashekhara <sudhakar.raj at ti.com>
Date:   Thu May 21 07:41:40 2009 -0400

ARM: DaVinci: Interface changes visible to EDMA clients

But the last patch in series needs rebased on to this. Unfortunately,
this patch is not yet in your for-2.6.32 branch. So, unless this patch
is going to merge first, I show remove the need for this patch???

Thanks
Troy