[alsa-devel] ASoC: pxa2xx-i2s

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 23:27:18 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 02:13:12PM -0600, Brian Rhodes wrote:

> No, the 270 is the clock master on the I2S bus.  The codec is sourcing
> the clock input using the PLL.  I apologize for being unclear.

I think it's me that's not being clear, sorry - I'm trying to find out
is if the LRCLK and BCLK signals on the I2S bus itself are being driven
by the codec or by the I2S controller.  If the codec driver is the clock
master then your earlier speculation that your problems with the I2S
controller may be due to some interaction with the codec driver are more
likely to be true.