[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size points to __old_ symbol

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.org
Sun Feb 22 23:18:54 CET 2009

Hi Liam,

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:07:57PM +0000, Liam Girdwood wrote:
> > I'm currently implementing support for a board based on a PXA300 with an
> > I2S codec (CS4270) next to it. Things do work in general, including the
> > setup of the SSP engine and clocks, and when using the OSS compat layer,
> > I can see data on the bus. With the native ALSA API, however, the DMA
> > pointer does not move forward but is stuck at position 8. ALSA's core
> > calls pxa2xx_pcm_pointer() a couple of times and eventually gives up on
> > it. Unfortunately, I don't have a Zylonite board for cross-check; could
> > anyone verify that things are not currently broken in a general way?
> >
> > My code base is up-to-date to sound-2.6.git/for-2.6.30.
>
> Can't test on my zylonite atm, but static DMA pointers usually mean data
> is not being clocked out of the SSP FIFO. Can you check you are
> supplying a BCLK and LRC to the SSP port (if codec is BCLK/LRC master)
> or have enabled the PXA SSP master mode (if codec slave).

All the clocks are there, they're only driven by the Codec, and they look
fine. And thus, the CPU DAI is set to SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CBM_CFM.

What puzzles me is that the whole system works when I cat /dev/urandom
to /dev/dsp (the DMA pointer is moving forward just as expected), only
when using aplay it doesn't do anything.

Thanks,
Daniel