[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size points to __old_ symbol

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.org
Sun Feb 22 22:35:53 CET 2009

Hi,

With alsa-lib and alsa-utils cross-compiled for ARM by
buildroot (currently version 1.0.19, but earlier versions
seem to be equally affected), I encounter the effect that
snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size() does not write the expected
value to the given snd_pcm_uframes_t pointer. In fact, this
variable is not written at all. This makes aplay calculate 0
for chunk_bytes in set_params() and then exit with the bogus error
message "Not enough memory". I did some tracing and found out that
the function called for snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size() is in
fact __old_snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size() which has a different
footprint and hence the pointer given to it is leaved untouched.

As I don't fully understand all the system behind the symbol names
remapping, I'm stuck here. Can anybody reproduce this bug?

Daniel