[alsa-devel] Hammerfall hdsploader not working in ubuntu 8.10

Robert Gründler doobre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:13:43 CET 2009

hi tim,

i've just followed an advice from florian that it's probably related to
pulseaudio
which apparently now is the default sound server in ubuntu.

After disabling pulsaudio, the card works fine again. I didn't know that
hdsploader
is obsolete now, i had to use it from time to time in my old system.

If anyone else stumbles upon this, here's how to disable pulseaudio in
ubuntu intrepid:

http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/2008/10/29/alsa-instead-of-pulseaudio-for-ubuntu-810-intrepid-a-non-destructive-way/

best

-robert