[alsa-devel] ctxfi/pulse audio problems and skype - only hear digital noise after a while in call

Ted T. Logan tedtheologian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 02:34:57 CET 2009

I have x-fi live, using ctxfi driver.  I had to start using pulse audio
because after a recent alsa upgrade, no matter what I did, my creative
x-fi would no longer show as default sound card, but was way down the
list, no matter what I did.

Anyway, my current problem is I use skype all the time, but after I am
in a phone call for a while, when the other person talks, I just hear
digital noise/garbage whenever they talk, so I have to hang up.  It is
causing me a lot of grief because I use skype for business.

I am not telling skype to use pulseaudio even though the rest of my apps
are, because it doesn't seem to work well with skype, so I just have it
use alsa/ctxfi.

I don't know what to do, I didn't have this problem a few months ago,
and I'm not sure if it's:

1.Since I upgraded from f9 to f10
2.Since I started using pulseaudio
3.Since I switched from sbxfi driver to ctxfi

My current system is f10
rpmq alsa

Thanks in advance!